Thank you to Nosy Josie for putting a big smile on my face and nominating me for this award. Writing feels so raw and vulnerable to me; I lay it all out there. And so, it feels very nice, very comforting to know that something so special to me is offering insight or connection to another.
Josie’s blog rocks. She is so refreshingly herself- smart, silly, funny, wise. She like the girlfriend we all want to have- the one who makes us think, the one who lifts us up, the one who helps us reeelax. She is a strong and empowering woman. So thank you Josie!
Josie asked me to answer these 10 questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started a blog because writing is the one thread that has remained consistent throughout my life. I spilled my heart out in journals as a girl. I went on to major in English in college. Quotes hit me at my core and inspire me. I love words. And I love that words have the ability to connect us and make us feel.
2. What have you learned about yourself since blogging?
I have learned that I am pretty much an open book. If I’m having an incredible day, you can tell. If I’m having a devastating day, you can tell. I am an emotional rollercoaster that’s for sure- but I wouldn’t have it any other way. It makes some people uncomfortable- some tell me not to share so much. You know, maybe it’s best to just keep some things to myself. But that doesn’t suit me- I’m a romantic, a dreamer. I feel and I feel deeply in all directions, and so I guess that’s just me! And it feels good to share it and express it rather than feel ashamed of it.
3. What advice would you give the 13 year old you?
- Expand your horizons. There are many more interesting people to meet than the little clique you’ve formed.
- You don’t have to know what you like- try it all! Just focusing on trying it all!
- No one notices that pimple on your chin- you can relax.
- You don’t have to stop playing. You’re never too cool for playing.
- You’ll fall in love for the first time in a few years and realize what a big heart you have and how much you love love. Don’t ever let anyone harden you to that.
4. What was the most difficult topic/post that you ever wrote and why?
It’s harder for me to write posts in which I’m going through depressing times in my life. Struggle. Hardship. Loss. These aren’t fun things to write or read about- but it is therapeutic. My true joy lies in inspiration. But- hardship is a part of life, and I’m learning not to keep my darker feelings hidden. For a long time, I thought it was only acceptable for me to express happiness. People typically think of me as a happy person. But that’s not all of me. I’ve been coming to terms with all of me.
5. List 4 places/activities that you would love to go on for a date.
- Bowling- I’m a nerd. I love it so much.
- Botanical gardens- walking around acres of plants and flowers sounds dreamy!
- Greece (you said anywhere, right?!)
- Honestly, keeping it simple with dinner, a movie, and cuddling is my favorite.
6. Discuss one thing about yourself that you would never want to change.
My enthusiasm. I have always had a “sky’s the limit” attitude about life. I don’t ever want to grow up. I want to play and go on adventures forever. I’ve been called naive many times, but I’d never want to change it about myself.
7. Who is someone that you will never forget and why?
My grandma. She passed away a little over a year ago. She was my favorite woman- she laughed at herself, she loved nature, she listened when you talked to her. She was the queen of simplicity- she loved a good book, a good day in her garden, a good, cold coke. The older I get, the more I see the beauty in this simplicity. She was really present with life.
8. What is one quality you look for in a significant other? Elaborate.
You know, I’ve said it all. I wanted funny. I wanted intelligent. I wanted handsome, adventurous, stylish, strong- you name it. But what I’m coming to want more than anything else is a teammate. Someone who wants to stand by my side and have fun taking on life together. Someone who is loyal. Someone who loves that I have my own goals, but would like to pursue some goals with me as well.
9. Describe your perfect day.
My perfect day would be arriving at a new city- a place I’ve never explored before- and slowly soaking it in. Having a coffee in the morning at a little cafe, sitting outside to watch the people go by, writing in my journal. I’d love to stroll around the town, meet some new people, see some beautiful sites. I’d love to feel a little lost- but lost in a good way- a mysterious way, an exciting way, an adventurous way.
10. What is one experience that has changed your life?
The experiences that have changed my life haven’t been the best times in my life. More often, they were the most tragic- times when I had to let go. At the time, I didn’t know how I’d make it through. But then one day you wake up and you realize you’re going to be okay. These experiences have taught me strength- and there’s nothing I value more. They’ve made me proud of myself. They’ve shown me I’m capable of more than I give myself credit for.
Thanks for listening! Now, it’s my turn to nominate!
Here are the rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award, and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. You can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that let readers know this information.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
6. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated them for The Liebster Award, and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Here are my nominees. Thank you for being your expressive and inspiring selves! (and p.s. I’d love to know about more blogs! I am just not so good at finding them! So any tips would be appreciated!):
- Why did you start your blog?
- What do you love about writing?
- If money didn’t matter, what would you do with your days?
- What’s one of your dreams?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What is your favorite place in the world?
- If you could offer anyone a simple piece of advice, what would it be?
- What makes you smile?
- What’s your favorite quality about yourself?
- How do you want to make a difference in the world?